Tuesday, March 07, 2006
Passing the Stick -- A Farewell to Our Ramblers
A day to remember as countless fans filled the Eston Hockey Arena like packed sardines. With Oyen Eagles still digging their claws deeper in The Ramblers, the crowds of Eston, Oyen and some unknown places sat at the edge of their seats, waiting to see who would move on. Getting to the point, Our Eston Ramblers were defeated. With a final 3-1 for Eagles.

As I watched in anger and sadness, I could not help but think how proud I was to be supporting such an awesome team. Here is a secret. I am not a true Estonvillian, but an Oyenight. I reside in a small town of the Oyen Eagles, Along with that, their defeat on Saturday I felt torn, with both my past and present haunting me. Although I can truly say, I was behind my Eston Ramblers the whole way.

In further news, having CBC film Hockeyville here, it went incredibly well, as I am still bedazzled on how many fans came. It was well over 500. With the small pewee kids playing hockey and FGBC’ers coming to dance in half time, it was in fact a memorable hockey day in Eston. Well-done Quinn McLean on the goal against Eagles. With the past obviously behind us, The Ramblers look to the Future, as they hang up their skates and take some time off. With that note, The Ramblers reports may end here, although there may be a few surprises in the future.

On behalf of Eston, Thank You Ramblers for the many fights, loses, wins and memories. It's a cliché -- but it really is about the journey and not the destination. We enjoyed every moment of this journey with you. Special Thank You to Johnny Meyer www.johnnymeyer.net
posted by Matt @ 11:14 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 1:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Thank you smattville for all your Ramblers reports. I really enjoyed reading everyone of them. Best of luck in the future journalism world!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Eston, Saskatchewan, Canada
Archives

"Musicians play from their hearts. Even when their broken." James Carrington

"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today." James Dean

"We all need to believe in heroes, they give us hope. But even the best ones are far from perfect. And even they sometimes need to be saved." NedSui

Links
Template by
Free Blogger templates
 
 

ATOM 0.3
Web Site Counter
Nationwide Dial Up