Wednesday, May 17, 2006
R.I.P. Here Lie the San Jose Sharks
The smell of barbecued seafood accompanied by Napa Valley wine may soon be tickling noses along Roper Road. The Oilers continued their magical run as the Sharks Drown in Oil. Michael Peca scored a highlight-reel goal eight minutes into the game to put the Oilers up 1-0 and Shawn Horcoff made it 2-0 after scoring with eight minutes left in the third. At the same time Dwaine Roloson stopped all 24 saves and makes it the biggest game of his career. That was all the Oilers needed as they defeated the San Jose Sharks by a score of 2-0 to advance to the Western Conference Final and face the Mighty Ducks of Anaheim. Did you hear the one about the Oiler and the Duck?
posted by Matt @ 9:21 PM  
2 Comments:
  • At 10:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Well, what a relief! That game was not as intense as I thought it was going to be but my Oilers pulled it off. Here we go, Western Confrence final, haven't been there in a long time, I hope we make it through. Hey Matt did you know that the team in the 8th position in the west for the playoffs has never won the Stanley cup? GO OILERS GO!
    P.S. you're really good at writting...Matthew Nickel, New York Times...I could see it. lol

     
  • At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Go Oilers!!

    Who would have thought I would get into hockey. But I am understanding it more and more as I watch it!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Eston, Saskatchewan, Canada
Archives

"Musicians play from their hearts. Even when their broken." James Carrington

"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today." James Dean

"We all need to believe in heroes, they give us hope. But even the best ones are far from perfect. And even they sometimes need to be saved." NedSui

Links
Template by
Free Blogger templates
 
 

ATOM 0.3
Web Site Counter
Nationwide Dial Up