Sunday, March 11, 2007
Behind The Mask
I had the chance to sit down & talk with Johnny Meyer, the goalie for the Eston Ramblers. He agreed to an interview so I got to ask all the bumbling questions that we are all wanting to know. And if the rumors really are true.

Matt: For the people who dont know who you are can you tell them about yourself?

Johnny: I am a 6 foot 1 inch curly haired good-hearted man from Eston, Saskatchewan. I love long walks on the beach and folding my toilet paper when I wipe, rather than bunching it all up.

Matt: Tell me about your past involvements in Hockey?

Johnny: I have played hockey since I was 3, everything from novice to AA to AAA to JR.A to Senior. I have won provincial championships and league titles. Hockey has been great to me. I have also spent a lot of time teaching young goalies. I spend a lot of time managing my fantasy hockey draft.


Matt: Can you elaborate on the Eston Ramblers? And how long were you playing with them?

Johnny: The Eston Ramblers are a senior hockey team based out of Eston and are the pride and joy of many in the community. We are a working mans team who likes to drink and play poker. O yah, we dont mind hockey either. I have played for 2 years now.

Matt: Last year Ramblers went all out with the blue hair. What is this years insanity?

Johnny: The blue hair wasnt a success, so I shaved my entire body. A lot of guys did mustaches. Their girlfriends really like them.

Matt: Okay, those were easy questions, what three Ramblers deserve the three stars?

Johnny: Chris Schlenker, Darcy Morrice and Scott Poulter

Matt: Which team did you see this year was the biggest threat to the Ramblers?

Johnny: The silver bullets, they scored with 2 seconds left to beat us one Wednesday night. We got revenge however in a 17-16 shootout wins later that month. I had 14 of the goals, not to mention 2 assists.

Matt: Summarize this year in three words?

Johnny: Hold my beer

Matt: The question that has been on a lot of minds. Rumor has it your leaving the Ramblers, so if this is true this will be your last season.

Johnny: Yes this will indeed be my last season as a Rambler. It has been a blast for me to play with my friends and live in Eston again. I am moving out to Penticton, BC to continue my education. I someday hope to take over Microsoft.

Matt: Favorite kind of fruit

Johnny: My mom collects apples, so I gotta say apples.

Matt: Any last words?

Johnny: Matt you have been great to the Ramblers and I will sure miss yah. Please dont phone the house before noon anymore!
posted by Matt @ 1:17 PM  
4 Comments:
  • At 12:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Johnny we are all gonna miss you. How are we ever gonna replace such a professional goalie? Keep it real Johnny, and make sure to keep in touch with smattville.

     
  • At 4:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Its too bad Ramblers didnt quite make it. Sorry to hear you leaving eston. Your gonna have to come back and raise the tweens hear you know?

     
  • At 2:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hey Johnny it is going to be a whole lot diffrent once your gone. The Ramblers will never be the same. Are you sure your doing the right thing? Have a good time in BC.

     
  • At 9:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Johnny without a doubt your gonna run microsoft. Thanks for all the good saves and entertainment.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
about me
My Photo
Name:
Location: Eston, Saskatchewan, Canada
Archives

"Musicians play from their hearts. Even when their broken." James Carrington

"Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you will die today." James Dean

"We all need to believe in heroes, they give us hope. But even the best ones are far from perfect. And even they sometimes need to be saved." NedSui

Links
Template by
Free Blogger templates
 
 

ATOM 0.3
Web Site Counter
Nationwide Dial Up